index | review | results | pictures | videos | www.paganello.com | www.freestyle-frisbee.com
Paganello Billboard / Grand Hotel
Bungi & Skateboarding
Simone - Roma / Auto - Berlin, Germany
Ferenc and Gabor - Hungary / Reto - Switzerland
Marco - Roma
Maurizio - Milano / John Titcomb - USA/Italy
Dan - Jacksonville, Florida USA / Steve - Ft Worth, Texas USA
Anne Graves - La Jolla, California USA / Gary - Toronto, Ontario Canada
Tristan - Ft Worth, Texas USA / Clay - Rimini
Qxhna Titcomb - Italy/USA / Vehro Titcomb - Italy/USA
Pat Marron - Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Enrico & Maurizio - Milano / Lorenzo - Milano / Angelo - Milano
Paul Kenny - Jacksonville, Florida USA
Fernando - Roma / Lorenzo - Roma / Andrea - Roma / ?
Carlos Lopez - San Juan, Puerto Rico / Claudia - Milano / United Kingdom jammer
Party - line up for vino and pasta / Fireworks
The countdown is over! / Didj you hear that?
Dancin' with rain deer...full moon in the background / More party pix
Newspaper Coverage - The Mayor of Rimini throws out the first throw...60,000 spectators attended the 3 day event
Thanks to the Staff for running another successful event!
Italian food: pizza with arulgula / pasta with pesce / ravioli with salmon / pizza / tuna salad
Dinner with team Chaka Waka
Around town Piazza Cavour / Julius Cesar / Alley Way - downtown Rimini
The Augustus Arch
Erected in 27 B.C. in honour of Augustus, as inscribed on the upper part of the Arch, it is the oldest surviving Roman archway and is made of Istrian stone. The vault is 8.84 metres high, it has a depth of 4.10 metres and the entire structure is 10.40 metres tall. Between the Arch's lintels and its capitals there are four divinities (in four clipei): Jupiter, Neptune, Apollo and Minerva (or Rome). Work done to isolate the structure between 1937 and 1939 led to the realization that the the Arch was an urban gateway attached on two sides to the walls of the city. It is said that at the summit of the Arch there was once a marble statue of a four-horsed chariot driven by Augustus. During the Medieval period the the upper part of what was then known as the Aurea Gateway, was dismantled. The battlements which can now be seen were constructed in the 10th century.
The Tiberius Bridge
Proceeding along the Corso d'Augusto, one eventually leaves the ancient Roman city behind and comes to a large bridge made of Istrian stone. Begun by Augustus, the bridge was finished by Tiberius (14-21 A.D.). This bridge marks the beginning of the Aemilian Way, just as the Arch marked the end of the Flaminian Way. It is one of the most remarkable Roman bridges still in existence and has been a national monument since 1885. The fact that the foundations of the bridge's pillars are not disjoined from each other but form a single foundation, in a way that guarantees more complete stability, is important evidence of the Romans' technical knowledge.